Friday 10 June 2016

Maths Evidence

Walt:  find fractions of sets by using multiplication and division eg. ⅓ of 21 is 7.


Question : Freddy had 40 toy pandas, He shared them with his mates Max and Louis. Freddy gave Max 2/4 of the toy pandas and Louis had 1/4 of the leftover toy pandas. How many pandas do Max and Louis get each?




Success Criteria:I was able to use my knowledge of division facts to help me solve fractions of sets. I understood that I needed to divide the amount in the set by the denominator eg. 21 divided by 7 is I understood that I needed to find out what the fraction of a set was for a unit fractions was before I could find out what the fraction of a set when the numerator was more than 1.


Reflection
Next time I will have bigger sets and bigger fractions to solve for my learning, to make it more challenging.




No comments: